Buying First BCD Aqua lung Soul i3 or Pearl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melanie White

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm buying my first equipment soon like next week or 2
I'm trying to decide on BCD now which is better Aqua lung Pearl or Aqua lung Soul i3

Thanks

Buying your first BC is always fun, if not a little intimidating. They are a toss up between the two. Both seem to be jacket style with one having a traditional inflator and the other having the I3 system. The biggest issue is fit. No, not with an empty BC, but one with a tank in it. Have your LDS put a tank on the one they think is right for you and make sure it adjusts to be comfy. If it's comfy on land, you'll find it comfy in the water.

While the I3 system is non-standard, I put on about a 100 dives in one, a back inflate Aqualung, and it worked great. A year later, I went to use it and found I had to repair it and it was hard to find parts. Well, harder than a traditional inflator. Some people are afraid of innovation but I'm not one of them. Let us know what you finally chose! Pics of you in the water with it would be awesome! Have fun and post often!

Back
Top Bottom