Buying equipment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsudiver

Reaction score
To whoever can help me,

I want to purchase some of my own equipment, but have a small problem. I am only 16 and I don't want to buy an expensive Dry or Wet Suit and then grow out of it. Would I have this problem when buying a BC? I Know I could probobly buy my Reg and Guages. What would you suggest as good equipment to purches?

-DSUDIVER

You wouldn't have a problem if you bought a DUI BCS rear inflation BC. One size fits all, no really, mine (6'1" 200#) can be adjusted to fit my wife (5'3" 120#). Time to open the gauntlet, you can get them on the internet if there isn't a local dealer. I absolutely love mine!
Dave

Most of the better bc's are fairly adjustable so getting one that's adjusted in to ALMOST it's smallest adjustment would most likely give you all of the growing room you need. Also, many of the BC's on the market have replaceable cumberbuns and shoulder straps so they can be exchanged for larger ones in the future. As for the wetsuit, as much as I hate to rent things, this may be one time that it is better to rent for a couple of years until you slow down growing.

DSUDiver,
Looks like both Dave and Herman have made some good points. When making a decision take into consideration the length of time you will be using the same B.C. In that I mean, if you purchased a B.C. so that it fir well while on it's smallest setting, it'll take you a while before you outgrow it's largest one. By then it'll be beat up pretty well and you'll want to pick up a new one.

Both options are great ones!

Mario :D

Thanks alot guys I appreciate all the help. This board has been very useful to me. Thanks for all the help!

-DSUDIVER

Back
Top Bottom