Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Efka76

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Few months ago I moved in Edinburgh, UK. Here water is a bit chilly and drysuit is required for diving. Next week I will be taking drysuit course in order to learn drysuit diving skills. Accordingly, I started looking for drysuit. My preference would be trilaminate suit. There are many different brands like SeaSkin, Otter, Othree, Santi and etc., which price really varies.

Currently I was looking at SeaSkin which I could get for £1000 with all options (MTM suit, with reinforcements in knew, shoulders area, KUBI glove system, pee valve, etc.). As comparison, Otter or Santi drysuits with the same options would cost over £2000. My question to divers who used Seaskin trilaminate drysuits: are these drysuits quality? If yes, why there is so significant price difference comparing to other brands. I want to buy a quality product for reasonable price.

Seaskin also have Thinsulate 250 undergarments (£135), which are significantly cheaper than other brands. Are they good quality?

I am also very open for all good suggestions.... where to buy good quality drysuit for reasonable price in UK.

Take a look at these suits. We have been diving with RoHo commercial trilaminate suits for over 30 years … not the same suit :)! Ours last about 10 - 12 years before we feel like a change is due. My wife has worn out 2 and is into #3 right now. She got her first one in 1986. The only place we can find that will make a neon pink commercial trilaminate dry suit for her, made to measure with a front zip. RoHo Made To Measure Drysuits
Made to measure at no extra cost! They are based in Yorkshire sell around the world through the website.

I have to say Otters, they are practically indestructible, with fantastic service . Go for mtm.

I just got an Otter Britannic, MTM, Sitech Neck, Kubis, Pee Valve (basically the only thing I didn't do was telescopic) for £1500. Remember that they have a 15% discount if you're a BSAC member. Suit itself is really solid and was light years from my old one when I took it out last weekend. Visit them for MTM if you can, then all the measurements are on them.

I know two people diving Seaskin. As a result of their experience, my Seaskin should arrive in September. The wait is killing me, but I'm looking forward to diving dry all winter this year :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom