For Sale BUYER BEWARE Zelle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantctobin

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There's a poster (admin account hacked) that is allegedly selling Perdix computers. It is a scam, at least according to Pete/Chairman. Sphyon is Jerry. He's posing as a Robert Ford. It's fake. Thread responses deleting and reappearing. Fret not, I didn't buy, but I think he scammed a few people couple days ago.

Attachments

• perdix1.PNG
    perdix1.PNG
    201.5 KB · Views: 279
  • perdix2.PNG
    perdix2.PNG
    74.8 KB · Views: 247
Further snips.

Attachments

• perdix3.PNG
    perdix3.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 244
  • perdix4.PNG
    perdix4.PNG
    107.7 KB · Views: 242
Yep, saw this and he is only accepting zelle. Offered to meet up in Orlando and he wouldn’t do it. Do not buy

I think he tried this from diff account on Sunday and stiffed 2-3 people. Has a mod account. @The Chairman

Ya I feel for the other one a few days ago. Fortunately was able to get my bank to make a stop payment on the PayPal payment so didn’t lose anything.

same pictures etc.

Saw the Sunday posting and literally looked over the wife and said "WAY too good to be true...". Feel bad for those who fell prey to this sort of scumbag. Sounds like The Chairman has some hard work ferreting out this person if he/she can make admin accounts on the fly...

There's a poster (admin account hacked) that is allegedly selling Perdix computers. It is a scam, at least according to Pete/Chairman. Sphyon is Jerry. He's posing as a Robert Ford. It's fake. Thread responses deleting and reappearing. Fret not, I didn't buy, but I think he scammed a few people couple days ago.

When you say "Sphyon is Jerrry" does it mean this Jerry is/was a SB member?
That would suck big time, is bad enough to have outsiders try to screw with the members here (or everywhere) but I figure there's a lower level of skepticism when dealing with a board member. People truly suck.

When you say "Sphyon is Jerrry" does it mean this Jerry is/was a SB member?
That would suck big time, is bad enough to have outsiders try to screw with the members here (or everywhere) but I figure there's a lower level of skepticism when dealing with a board member. People truly suck.
I believe Jerry is the real world owner of the account and is/was an active participant in the forums. Someone has hacked his account.

I believe Jerry is the real world owner of the account and is/was an active participant in the forums. Someone has hacked his account.

Ok , thanks for clarifying. Still not great, but at least is not a member actively screwing here.

Back
Top Bottom