Buy pesos at airport ATMs?

Pay for shared shuttle with pesos or USD?

• Pesos

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • USD

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrMack

Registered
Reaction score
I prefer to pay for the shared shuttle (Zona 2) with pesos and was wondering if anyone has bought pesos at the airport ATM recently?

Whenever we go to Mexico, I go to my local bank, in advance, and acquire a calculated value of pesos to meet the needs we anticipate during our trip.

Whenever we go to Mexico, I go to my local bank, in advance, and acquire a calculated value of pesos to meet the needs we anticipate during our trip.

And in so doing, you pay a lot more for the pesos than you would by withdrawing from an ATM at the airport.

And in so doing, you pay a lot more for the pesos than you would by withdrawing from an ATM at the airport.

Comparing exchange rates, not appreciably enough to matter.

I prefer to pay for the shared shuttle (Zona 2) with pesos and was wondering if anyone has bought pesos at the airport ATM recently?

If you just want a yes or no answer, the answer is yes.
I prefer Banamex as their fees are less, and as of last month, they didn't play the stupid exchange rate game.

Comparing exchange rates, not appreciably enough to matter.

I compare the total cost of acquisition including exchange rate, service fee, delivery fee, and whatever else.
It is an appreciable difference to me. I don't have much money, so need to be thrifty.

My local mall has a currency exchange. Depending on if there are any hidden charges, I may be able to get 20:1 soon. I was thinking to exchange 1,000- US$, at that rate for my upcoming trip.

My local mall has a currency exchange. Depending on if there are any hidden charges, I may be able to get 20:1 soon. I was thinking to exchange 1,000- US$, at that rate for my upcoming trip.

If you can net 20:1, I'll Venmo you another $2,000, and pay for USPS Priority to send the pesos to me.
XE is, at this minute, $19.91.

If you can net 20:1, I'll Venmo you another $2,000, and pay for USPS Priority to send the pesos to me.
XE is, at this minute, $19.91.

That is why I stated “depending on hidden charges” and “may be able to get 20:1 soon”.

It would be interesting to work up an accurate comparison of exchange at home vs. in Mex, vs cash machine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom