Butterfly and Lion fish at Beach 8th in Queens today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow really nice lionfish

Nice pictures...

It's really too bad that the lionfish are infesting the waters of the atlantic. Mosly likely from aquarium releases. I know it's cool to see them, but they really don't belong.

DEEPLOU:
NIce pix. Heard they were in. Also out at Ponquogue Br.

BTW: what camera set up?

Canon a610 with Canon housing and ambient lighting or internal flash. Pretty basic. Had to get close. A decent setup considering it will only set you back about $300.:D Really nice video function as well up to 60fps and 640x480. I got some nice footage of the Lion Fish backing a large fluke down. The Butterfly fish were hard to get though. Very shy, quick, and tiny.

Holy cow ! I live in Bayside. Where is the Beach 8th street ?

ronrosa:
Holy cow ! I live in Bayside. Where is the Beach 8th street ?

Hey Ron! I'll dive with ya there soon if ya want. I am going camping this weekend though. Usually someone to dive with there if ya show up an hour early. Here is a link to my shorediving.com review complete with parking address and gps coordinates...Basically Far Rockaway, Queens out past JFK.

One of the Lion fish was scooped up by a fish collector. Still another though, but the collector knew about it so it may not be there now. Still tons of Butterfly fish though.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_/New_York_/Street8/index.htm

Hey, I'm up for a dive, shoot me a message when you get back from camping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom