Burn Testing AUL Spectrum 14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How do you burn test these lights? I take a look at the starting voltage, and then check it every 10 minutes...do I just wait for the light to turn itself off at a specific(unknown) voltage, or do I only let it get down to a certain voltage before ending my test?

Anyone willing to share the method?

--L1234

Once you get down to 10 volts or notice the light being yellow, stop the test. If you are using a SLA battery consider switching to NIMH. You'll get longer burn times and the battery pack will be smaller making the canister less negative.

10 volts or the light yellowing? which should I be more aware of? 10 Volts was around 80 minutes...light yellowed around 7.5V

lord1234:
10 volts or the light yellowing? which should I be more aware of? 10 Volts was around 80 minutes...light yellowed around 7.5V

Generally, you don't want to drain a battery totally down as it shortens life. 10 volts is the recommendation for SLA batteries. I don't remember what the recommendation is for NIMH.

My recommendation is to end the test as soon as you start to see it yellow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom