Buoyed wrecks ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simcoediver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are most of the big wrecks in Point Traverse & Kingston area still marked with buoys? Just wondered as most of the dive shops in the area are now closed. so who maintains and looks after them now?
( wrecks I am refering to like Comet, Munson, City of Sheboygan, Annie Falconer etc...

I'll let you know after the weekend of 7/9. I'm in Picton on a chartered trip that weekend.....

Thanks Bob, but we are going this weekend. I have all the GPS #s, but the mooring buoys are nice to have if they are there.

Most of the wrecks in kingston are buoy'd, and the Sheboygan is, dove it on the weekend. Not sure about the point traverse wrecks, Kingston Dive Charters sets up most of the buoys

The buoys were up when we were the on the May Long weekend...dove the Munsen on two days and the Marsh on our last day there. We contact Anne at Kingston Charters to get the scoop on the buoys as Harold and her do most of the buoys these days...

What has happened to Kingston over the last few years, many of the charter operations have disappeared and those that are left are not as busy as they should be. Kingston area has some of the best wrecks in Ontario far better than those mostly piles of boards in Tobermory and a much easier drive from Toronto as well.

It is hard to be busy when there is no full service dive store in Kingston. No store = no central booking spot or meeting place. On my last 2 trips there I have as usual stayed at the KOA near Collins Bay, and used the public ramp there to launch the inflatable boat, but had to drive to Mallorytown to Dive Tech to get fills

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom