Buoyancy Weight and Flash diffuser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took my DC800 Pro on it first dive trip - Mostly very good. I found many close ups to be over exposed using the auto mode. Any tips? I really dont want to get into manual settings if possible.

The Buoyancy Weight - I read somewhere if I buy this I will need a longer screw/knob. True or false?
I really want one - I dont like how the camera flaots away so easily.

Is the diffuser worth it? Will it help my over exposure issue? When would you want it on and when would you want it off?

My old camera was th eminit factor - now I thinks its me...

Thanks for the help!

Yes, you will need a longer screw. The weight works good, your flash will be buoyant but your camera overall will be closer to neutral.

As far as the diffusers go, yes they will cut down the exposure... are you turning the exposure knob on your flash all the way down already?

Do you know what length screw I will need for dc800 pro single strobe w/the weight?

I have been leaving it on auto so far. I read up and found I was not using the macro flash - sound like that would have helped. So not left the knob on auto.

You would need item #SL96022 - 1 inch accessory mounting screw.

You can leave the flash on auto but it is the camera that goes in to the macro flash setting. The addition of the flash diffuser will also help soften the light for macro work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom