Bunaken report/photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maldive must be seen on a boat. ; and i ve benn more impressed by Palau.

but 45 minutes with mantas.... and just 2 with a whale shark:wink: sorry for the quality of the pics.

Picasa Web Albums - philippe - maldives

hallboy,

Thanks for the Maldives pictures. I really enjoyed the cuttlefish that looked like they were getting ready to start boxing. Perfect timing because we are headed that way soon.

hey Rick, thanks for your bunaken tip earlier, we just got back from manado wed night. Excellent diving there indeed, just like how you described. We tried hard but didnt get a chance to see the hammerheads unfortunately. We did however see the usual array of other marine life you described. The currents at sachiko's point turned washing-machine-ish as we descended. I cant recall the last time i sped so fast along a wall, it was good fun.

All in all, an oustanding place to dive, thriving marine life & on the topside, the people are friendly, interesting minahasa culture and beautiful scenery. Highly recommended for anyone considering where to dive in Indonesia. Safe diving all..

ddavid,

I'm glad to hear that you had a great trip. Manado/Bunaken/Lembeh is a beautiful area with wonderful people. Where did you stay? Look forward to reading your trip report.

We had one of those "current" dives also but ours was at Tanjung Pisok near Thalassa Resort. The current reminded me of Blue Corner when it was "ripping".

hi Rick, we stayed at NDC (nusantara diving centre), its near the molas wreck site. Its good to see the abundance of marine life & the marine parks well maintained. Despite the rising popularity of Raja Ampat et al, Manado still has alot to keep coming back to..

ah.. tanjong pisok.. i dived there in 2005.. ohhh yes.. there were currents... :)

i never had a chance to dive palau, its kinda expensive for us to head there from singapore, but its definitely a must-go for me someday.. read alot about the blue corner from the many posts on SB.

Btw, you take really good wide angle pictures mate.. the one with the sunlight behind the triggers is a real keeper.. hope to see more of your u/water shots around SB. - ddavid

hi Rick, we stayed at NDC (nusantara diving centre), its near the molas wreck site. Its good to see the abundance of marine life & the marine parks well maintained. Despite the rising popularity of Raja Ampat et al, Manado still has alot to keep coming back to..

ah.. tanjong pisok.. i dived there in 2005.. ohhh yes.. there were currents... :)

i never had a chance to dive palau, its kinda expensive for us to head there from singapore, but its definitely a must-go for me someday.. read alot about the blue corner from the many posts on SB.

Btw, you take really good wide angle pictures mate.. the one with the sunlight behind the triggers is a real keeper.. hope to see more of your u/water shots around SB. - ddavid

ddavid,

I wish I could take credit for that beautiful shot but that belongs to "scottfiji" who started this thread. Maybe one of these days I'll be a picture like that.

oh boy.. sorry, i got the names all mixed up, yeah that's scott's pics.. thanks for heads up Rick. Excellent work Scott, hope i can take pictures like that someday too. Safe diving all

Back
Top Bottom