Bunaken & Lembeh 2014 - GoPro, SRP Macro & Redfilter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for sharing. Although it may be the magic of editing, it seems like you toggled between surface, shallow, deep, and macro. I like the flexibility of the hinge/swivel style adapters, but I like the quality of glass and the example shots I've seen (such as yours) of the SRP. Can you describe your mechanics and experiences with attaching/detaching the SRP filters & adapters? Is it cumbersome, prone to dropping, other gotchas or tips?

Thank you for sharing. Although it may be the magic of editing, it seems like you toggled between surface, shallow, deep, and macro. I like the flexibility of the hinge/swivel style adapters, but I like the quality of glass and the example shots I've seen (such as yours) of the SRP. Can you describe your mechanics and experiences with attaching/detaching the SRP filters & adapters? Is it cumbersome, prone to dropping, other gotchas or tips?

Yes it is harder the way i shoot but the quality is much better. So depends on what your goal is. No hassle and pretty good footage then go with something that is easy to switch. I switch maybe 4 to 5 times per dive. I attached a metal 55 mm adapter on my tray where i can attach either the red filter or the 2 macro lenses (screw).

The shot with the seasnake was a fast change. I had macro lenses on and had to switch to red filter. Did it in 3 seconds, but had the macro lenses in my hand. If you use it sometime, you get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom