Bunaken Island, Indonesia Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing - sounds like you had a great trip.

(Your website looks a little like mine - the theme, I mean! MS Frontpage is it? :p )

yes, its easy to use and I don't want too much hassle.

hey mlloyd

thanks for the review ... glad to see it
was considerin to dive Manado but with mix feelings
abt the weather and your review affirmed tat my concerns are not unfound.

Still u get to see good stuffs ya?
but like u say... sun or storm anytime at this time of the year :(

anyone comments on maldives?

airlines havin promo for both location.

mlloyd - thanks for the trip report, sounds like you had a nice time despite the weather.

tribal shark, you might want to reconsider going to manado during this time coz it's the rainy season. It is not cheap, and not worth shelling out big bucks for diving not at its best. another friend who went during the rainy season complained that it wasnt as good diving as during the peak diving season. the best time to dive manado is may - sept.

my friend dived maldives last nov, and he seemed a little disappointed by it. he mentioned that it was overrated, but then again, that could be coz he went there with high expectations. he gave the thumbs-up to Tahiti, which he just dived over the new year. Have you considered Palau?

Yep...ADG ..agree wif u on the weather at Manado
but pkage at approx S$1200 for 6D5N tempt me quite a bit
put off the plan for now ... waiting for nearer trips to malaysia

some frenz did liveabd at maldives & sri lanka lately.
heard maldives pretty gd ... yet to find out more
Airlanka's having promo at S$ 800+ fyi... but long transit
at colombo.

Palau... of course but sad to say not now for sure
not ez for us fm this part of the world ya!

waiting for my fren to be back ... whose there now...
Palau , Guam for filming .

Cant wait to dive
;-0

yewww, i am soooo jealous :wink: in palau and guam rite now filming huh??

hey what about layang layang?? heard that it's even better than sipadan :D similans? burma banks - this one v. expensive tho, and i heard that some dive operators have stopped bringing divers up, coz of the instability of "border checks". hmmmm maldives sounds quite good, but it isnt cheap either.

cant wait for march/april to arrive, thats when we can do some cheap and nice diving in malaysia :)

yep...me envious too...to fly Guam is not too difficult but the internal to prob Palau, Saipan, Yap tat is the killer :mean:

Layang Layang is costly too, > than sipadan , get ready 2K for your trip. Frenz arrangin April trip to catch the hammerhead
but think me gonna opt out. :(

Miss Sipadan a great deal, Mt Kinabulu as much. U gotta scale it when u are there. Similan...next yr prob. Heard diving is pretty good there. Was at Phuket couple wks back , din manage to get on the liveaboard schedule, did the day dive instead.

Did hear Burma's good...$ as well

Aiya...too many plcs on the list ya!

Would love to go Manado though...attracted to macro after the muck dive at Mabul... Pretty.

Malaysia ..Me cant wait too... agree totally... affordable and good.

i forgot to mention Anambas Islands - going for S$690 - quite pricey but v. good diving i heard.

Indonesia actually has quite a few good spots - heard that Lombok, Gili islands is good and cheap - havent dont any research on that yet, but should be worth a trip out. Bali too - but pricey.

Not forgetting Philiipines! :) actually there's lots of good diving there, just mebbe a little risky

Hi all,
I've heard a story about diving in Manado. There is an operator in Bunaken that hang some additional tanks below the boat, just in case, we need more air to do decompression stop. Especially for the deep diver, for sure. Any comments about this?

Back
Top Bottom