Bulkhead Fiberoptic connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RStyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two older Ikelite Housings. I am also old (70) and not sure how much longer I will be diving so not interested in buying new housings and cameras.
I would like to add a snoot- light combination but what I have looked at has fiberoptic connectors.
Ikelite makes a connector that attaches to the DS strobes so you can use housings with fiberoptic connectors
Are there any connectors that attach to the old type bulkhead housing electrical connector that will let you use a fiberoptic cable to a snoot with fiberoptic connector?

Retra makes one of those ( E-Opto converter ), but it's meant to be used with their strobes. I recall someone posting on Wetpixel about having issues getting it to work with a Sea & Sea strobe - those are known for having low sensitivity optical sensors, and perhaps the signal put out but the Retra converter is not strong enough. Not sure how that would relate to MF-1, assuming that's what you're considering.

What strobes are you using right now? You could consider adding a snoot to what you already have; look at Retra LSD and Marelux SOFT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom