Bugs me you can't do a search with 1 or 2 letters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How about doing one on Y valve, or H valve?

Or doing one on DM? O2? N2? or XS brand?

Who got this dumb idea to block our ability to do searches for discussion with less than 3 letters?

Actually, you can't even do 3 letters.

Designed to prevent searches for "DIR".

:wink:

Designed to prevent searches for "DIR".
:wink:

Oh, that makes sense!! All along, I thought it was to cut down on microprocessor usage time and make the bean counters happy....:rofl3:

This thread looks like a candidate for site support! :)

I've often wondered why three-letter searches weren't possible, too.

PSI, UPS, tox, air, GPS, ... all relevant to diving, but impossible to search for! :)

(Building database indexes could help with speed and processor utilization, right?)

Just a brief remark.

If you enter this "PFO site:scubaboard.com" as search criteria you'll only get hits on ScubaBoard.

If you omit "site:" you'll also get pages referring to where ScubaBoard is mentioned.

From this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/si...ches-2-letter-3-letter-terms.html#post1761681

The short and skinny is type TLA site:scubaboard.com into Goooooogle and you'll get some hits, dude! Just substitute TLA for your favorite three letter acronym.

This post was brought to by the letters, D, I and E :wink:

Die dude! I thought that you died from DCS or something! Congrats on achieving Assistant Instructor status.

On most message boards like this one, if you are searching for a two letter object, all you need to do is put an asterisk in to fill in the rest of the requirement. The board will view this as a space filler.

Search for DM = "DM*"

O2 = "O2*"
XS = "XS*"

and so on.....

Who got this dumb idea to block our ability to do searches for discussion with less than 3 letters?

Yes - we did it just to BLOCK you. :shakehead:

It's actually a shortcoming of vBulletin, and should be on the list of future enhancements for our base software (vBulletin). We (scubaboard) had NOTHING to do with that decision.

If you want to do a search for H Valve. Go to Google and type in "H Valve site:scubaboard.com"

This is a site support question, and I'm moving the thread there.

Back
Top Bottom