Buford Springs directions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darushin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Its been probably 6-7 yrs since I was last there, I was thinking of going out in a couple of weekends and for the life of me can not remember the directions to the tram road. If possible could someone pm me the directions (obvious reasons) from the entrance gate to the tram road?

Ben

There is a pretty clear map up at the little hunting camp that you pay at, and it is hard to miss with all the cars parked around the path.

There is a pretty clear map up at the little hunting camp that you pay at, and it is hard to miss with all the cars parked around the path.

Yep that's the part that sucks now that there's a boardwalk. Lots of freedivers and OW divers mucking it up. It used to be a beautiful little cavern and a right of passage to either get eaten by bugs or stuck up to your knees in mud in doubles. It's already showing some changes from all the people, and there's a little more graffiti getting thrown around. Wish they never built the boardwalk.

On a side not, every single time I go out there I feel like I'm lost and going the wrong way. The go where I think it is and you'll eventually find it always works for me. After all these years you'd think I'd have it memorized

Don't follow the location from Google Maps, go to the start of the Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area. Continue straight on the main dirt road, take a right at Rattlesnake Road, then take a right on Three Bridges (or something along those lines) and then you should see a sign for diving with a metal cable stretched over the trail on the left. Park anywhere around there on the shoulder, and the spring is a half mile along that trail.

Definitely want to be at least cavern for this dive. When I was there last though, there were definitely a bunch of open water divers there which is not great. Disappointed to see some graffiti in there as well.

Here's a map I made of how to get there if you like visual references.

The site seems to be quite popular with freedivers from my weekend there. Some open water divers as well showed up, but that walk deters a lot of people I think.

Attachments

• Buford Springs Map.JPG
    Buford Springs Map.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 368
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom