Budget regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Found a name brand budget regulator package for $400 that is balanced and sealed. Do I really need to go for big bucks for warm water recreational diving?

It is life support equipment. I don’t go ‘budget’ on anything that will be keeping me alive. YMMV

What did you find, brand/model?

No, you don't need to go for big bucks for warm water recreational diving at all.

Edit: I said Cressi below, but had old man brain.. meant Agua Lung

There is good gear in the $400 range, so if it is a respectable brand with a good reputation, I think you are fine.

I bought Cressi a few years ago, for around that price, and over 100 dives later, I’m happy with it. Water temperatures about 52 degrees, which some may say is cold.

I don’t think I would look at anything much cheaper than that though, at some point even if the brand is good you have to ask yourself why it is so cheap...

That's right I'm not cheap

I bought two sets of Nano Edge with Octo for $184.00 each....they loved them on a recent trip....

Wow how good is that flyboy08, better than a bought one!
I just right now finished watching The Last B-24 how's that!

Sunday market regs, because I am my own life support

full.jpg

a few decades gone and a couple of decades to go
I will never ever need another reg set
Because I'm worth it!

Wow how good is that flyboy08, better than a bought one!
I just right now finished watching The Last B-24 how's that!

Sunday market regs, because I am my own life support

View attachment 633840

a few decades gone and a couple of decades to go
I will never ever need another reg set
Because I'm worth it!
I am with you, I have 8 complete sets (MK5+109) for me, my wife and our two sons. Built 40+ years ago, other 40 to go...
They were very expensive, at the time, but they paid off with their excellent performances and long duration (and availability of parts, which is not common with other regs).
Regarding the offer for a new top-brand reg for 400 USD, I would suggest something as this:
RO1 01 Scubapro Erogatore MK17 Evo G260 DIN300 + bag erogatore | eBay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom