Budget Accommodations and Best Places to Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voiceboxclosed

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
AOW here looking to spend a relaxing/adventurous week in Belize. My fiance' hasn't dove before, and this may be a great opportunity for him to learn.

I'm looking for advice on which caye(s) we can stay at that will allow me to dive, and for him to relax on the beach and do other adventures if he does not fancy diving.

Any dive schools for him? Adventures for us?

He is a student and I am recently unemployed, so we are looking for budget friendly options.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Best if you stay in San Pedro or Caye Caulker. Otherwise you won't see your fiancé much. Diving from the mainland is a pretty much all day venture. 15-20 miles out and two or three dives. There's lot's of bars and restaurants in San Pedro. Caye Caulker is just 8 miles south and less populated but pretty much the same diving

There is a cheap place on Glovers Reef called…Glovers Reef Resort I believe. It's not for ones who wish to be pampered but it's beautiful there. It's pretty much eat and dive. I think they have a bar. But the diving is great and your fiancé could snorkel. They had an instructor there that could teach also.

Glover's Atoll Resort, Belize

Your boyfriend should definitely do his pool and class work in Philly, then do his four OW dives in Belize.

Placencia isn't a caye but has a definite caye vibe with the advantage of being connected to the mainland. You can easily and quickly do all the mainland stuff, like hiking in a jaguar preserve, zip lining, mayan ruins, etc, from there. Splash Dive Center is an excellent dive shop and a ScubaBoard sponsor. Patty Ramirez runs the shop, and she can help with accommodations and mainland stuff as well. There are lots of cheap places to stay.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom