Budget accommodation in Provo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delhi Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My friend and I are planning to do three days of diving in Provo in February, and it seems that much of the accommodation is sold out. We don't really need anything fancy -- just a bed and a bathroom -- and I was wondering if there are low-cost options on the island.

Do people rent rooms from their apartments or are there any hostels and the like? The focus here will be on the diving, so as long as a room is clean we won't need anything fancy.

Least expensive option for an air/hotel package is generally Comfort Suites. There may be less expensive options for hotel alone but then you will pay more for the air. Good luck and let me know if you find something!

Hey Delhi,
I second Tim's reply..the Comfort Suites is the cheepest that I have found also. My question is...who are you flying with to get there? All the airlines I can find are charging around $800 to get there.

I was in Provo in december and stayed at Comfort Suites. It was around 100 dollars a night. Very nice, clean, and good location. No complaints. I got a 350 dollars round trip air fare on Com air: a delta subsidiary so you might want to try them. That was december, I do not know if the fares are higher now.

The airport in is just that .. .right next to the airport. I have

The airport in is just that .. .right next to the airport. I have not stayed there but it is not what one would call "Vacation" accommodations. I would not recommend it unless you have stayed there and can give it a review.

UP4AIR:
Hey Delhi,
I second Tim's reply..the Comfort Suites is the cheepest that I have found also. My question is...who are you flying with to get there? All the airlines I can find are charging around $800 to get there.
You can get a $280 r/t fare (including fees and taxes) from JFK to Provo on AA.com. They have a special fare valid for next weekend, departing 2-4 February and returning 7-9 February. It's still available so go for it if those dates work for you. Regular online fares at this point are, as you said, $800, so this is a steal even if you first have to fly to NYC from Virginia.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone, I am still hoping to find something even cheaper but it might have to be Comfort Suites.

Stayed at the Airport Inn in 2001. It has a bed & bathroom as Delhi needs - in fact 2 double beds per room & a bathroom with hot water. Also AC. Think it cost around US$70-80 a double a night. Turn right out of the airport & it's about a 3 min walk. They do free shuttles to & from the beach - I dived at Turtle Cove so they took me there & picked me up. There's an inexpensive local restaurant in the airport "plaza" below the inn & several local Dominican/Haitian bars on the road away from the airport past the inn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom