Buddy Commando Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitroxrob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The low pressure inflator button on my buddy Commando TD bcd has seized. I`ve got a service kit for it, but the question is does anybody know how to fit it before i open it up for open heart surgery.

I have no idea what a "buddy commando" inflator looks like but there are only a couple different designs so a couple pictures might help ID what you have. And think of it more like extracting a splinter - they really are fairly simple once you recognize how to disassemble.

Thats encouraging. I`m not afraid to have a go, but you know what its like the first time, and if you don`t try you never do anything, and you like to ask all the questions before hand.

Cheers for that Andy. I`d already tried that route and did`nt really get the answer i was after. Just a simple schematic of the inflator so you can visualize it before you go in. Not too much to ask is it, but so difficult to come by. do you think A.P valves are trying to create jobs for their own trained technicians or is that a bit synical?.

Hi Knowone. Just noticed your attachment. Thats exactly the type of thing i`m looking for. Unfortunately mine is the AP200 and not the auto air, or are they basically the same inside?. Also need to brush up on my german! Although i`m told i`m good at looking at pictures.

You may be interested to know service went well. The gauze filter on the inlet was really mucked up, i`m suprised it passed anything. For £6 i now have a working bcd. Result!.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom