Buckles for quick dump weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been looking at all the variations on QD weight pockets and can't settle on a design. I kind of like the HOG quick release design with Velcro but am not a big fan of Velcro in general.

What does intrigue me are the side release buckles having have a pull toggle that connects centrally to the "ears" of the buckle latch similar to the ones on the Dive-Rite QD pockets. Just cannot seem to find anything like that available.

Any suggestions on where to find such buckles or what keywords best describe them?

Thanks

Do you want pockets or a belt, or both? I have the Dive-Rite QD pockets and they work very well but I also use a DUI harness with quick release as I can't dive cold water in a dry suit without using the harness to achieve the proper amount of weight. What are you using for a BCD?

The generic term is "side release buckle". Looking at the DiveRite pictires, I see a logo molded in, so it's possible they're custom -- or may be just a branded mold insert.

32 lb QB Weight Pockets | Dive Rite

If someone has one and can inspect it for maker's marking or part numbers, we could search better.

I don't see them in ITW Nexus, though you might be interested in:
GTCR 2" Blast | NA ITW Nexus
Wide Guard SR | NA ITW Nexus
or
PS20 Curved Side Release Buckle with Center Lock

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom