Question Bubbles at adjustment knob Mikron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
What would cause a newly rebuilt AL Mikron to leak at the adjustment knob? Aqualung kit used.

Thank you.

check for scoring on the body or valve body screw if sand/salt crystals may have caused scratches preventing oring 23 or 25 from sealing.

Who serviced it? They might have simply done a poor job, or even damaged the parts with improper use of tools.

It was me and though I was a bit rushed getting ready for a trip I did nothing unusual. I know it is not the body, I tried another and same leak. I tried putting the old adjustment knob orings back. Still could not get a good seal. There is no obvious damage but tomorrow I will try another adjustment knob assembly.

Just hoping I have missed something simple.

Edit. There was no leak or bubbles until I hit about 15 foot depth. And the breathing changed, it sounded/felt wet although there was no saltwater taste.

Another clue to the puzzle, I recalled why it needed rebuilt. The adjustment knob became very hard to turn, **** did not realize this and he forcefully closed then opened the adjustment. Perhaps something has been scored.

Will update tomorrow.

Update.

I tried everything I could think of short of opening another kit and doing another rebuild. Still trickled air. So I sacrificed one of my precious service kits and replaced all the orings. It seems that fixed it. 🤷‍♀️

Now go to the oring shop to collect all the orings back by ten reverse the sacrifice and prevent future cannibalism

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom