Bubble trouble.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technicalbeast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello everybody............

it seems like there are lot of divers with years of dive experience on this site ........so i want to ask a question.......do anybody have trouble with the bubbles when you exhale........ i am having trouble while exhaling because of the sound they make it is little loud do any body have solution for that problem or simply i have to ignore that sound.........it is so quite underwater and when you exhale the scenario change for a moment..............any comments will be welcomed ..............:D

I guess the solution to the problem would be a closed circuit rebreather..

Most of my diving is with a hood and that muffles it some, you could try that.

Some of it is selective hearing and over time you learn to ignore it.

Get a double hose regulator which will be quieter and out back.

I'm sure some regulators have more or less diffusion but I can't say which.

Pete

Funny thing is I don't hear it when I am diving. Some combination of the hood and getting acclimated to it. However if I take a video clip with my camera, the bubbles are freakishly loud when I play it back.

Theres actually an upside to the sound of the bubbles - with a bit of practice you can use that sound to keep track of where people around you are :)

Its harder to locate sound sources under water, but its not impossible :wink:

I think the sound of bubbles is something you get used to and stop noticing after a while. I only really notice how loud it is when I pause between breaths to listen to hungry parrotfish or something and it becomes oddly quiet.

...untill that big parrotfish takes a bite of coral reef :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom