Answered: broken links in email notifications of thread activity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got an automated email notification of a subscribed thread, with the links to both the title and in the View This Thread button broken. In both cases a period was missing from the core of the URL, but a different one in each broken link. I seem to recall this has happened before on occasion, but not always.

Squirrels?

Your link is missing the . in scubaboard.com it says scubaboardcom

Not sure why this would happen, but it seems to be a one off.

Each link is missing a different period. It's not a one-off, I see it regularly in these notices from SB. I'd forward others, but recently dumped the trash. Not all have it, but it occurs with regularity.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Considering I just got an email about this, and clicked the link to get here... I'm wondering if it's just your mail client? This is the first time this has been reported, and there are no modifications to the Xenforo code base to think that the forum base URL would be corrupted elsewhere.

upload_2017-6-9_10-46-24.png

I don't see any indication that the site is at fault here. Sorry.

No need to apologize, or be defensive - whichever it is - just thought it was worth bringing to your attention. I have not noticed this problem with other emails, but may not have registered them. Will keep an eye out.

I subscribed to this thread. Let me see what the emailed links look like.

Update: Both of the links in my email are correct. Can't reproduce the problem.

Last edited:
No need to apologize, or be defensive - whichever it is - just thought it was worth bringing to your attention. I have not noticed this problem with other emails, but may not have registered them. Will keep an eye out.

Not being defensive, just explaining that your issue is isolated to you, and citing examples of why I believe this to be so.

I've got thousands (8,568 actually) of the notifications in my scubaboard folder on my mail server. I grepped the message bodies and none of them have this problem.

Back
Top Bottom