broken inflator screw cap on an old model of the BPI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fnog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I found that the plastic cap that screws behind the inflator button on my knighthawk is broken badly.
It is a miracle the Oring did not suffer from the sharp bits.

On the site from Johnson outdoors, I find only complete BPIs, but all I need is this piece, which was obviously impacted during the last RIB ride to the Donator wreck last weekend.

Is there a way I can get this small bit of plastic sent by letter from Scubapro to my address (in France, EU) ?

$10 for the part and $12 for the parcel. That is about 3 times cheaper than a new BPI, but still a bit of a shame, as it comes close to the price of a standard 45deg inflator.

I think this plastic bit fits in a regular envelope and Scubapro being european, they must still have stores there...

FWIW the SP part number is 21661203

https://www.scubapro.com/where-to-buy

Edit: I did not pick up on the "Old model" how old? Can you post a picture of the inflator assembly showing the buttons?

Thanks for the reference ! I will search further.

It is the inflator cap for this model : https://www.palanquee.com/media/cat...teur_compens_bpi_scubapro_ancien_mod_le_1.jpg

I don't even know if the newer model (models?) have a compatible cap. I reckon if I am patient I will eventually come across a school that has an end-of life T-one jacket where I can salvage the part. But I am still hoping Scubapro support could deal with it directly and swiftly by mail.

20181003_134808[1].jpg

Here is a picture of the assembled broken cap with the old model BPI backside. Badly overexposed ... I am never going to be an artist.

That's a fairly new one. The previous models had a different shaped body and the same air fitting as the AIR II. Therefore the part number I gave you should be applicable and readily available.

Absolutely, I checked the part number from the schematics at frogkick, and I happened to find one at a LDS that is going for retirement in 10 days. His shop is now all packed in carton boxes to sell his inventory and leave the walls to another business, but the owner grumpily managed to source the part and an Oring for me at $9.

Problem solved... without any action from Scubapro online. I also ordered a standard inflator from aliexpress at 20 euros, for backup.

Thanks couv and rsingler.

May I say that this is not reflecting good on scubapro online presence ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom