Broken Bungee Retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Bob,
I bought a pair of supposedly unused Force Fin pros. They look unused but one of the bungee retainers is broken. Is it possible just to buy one of these because everything else is new. Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 119
Bob,
I bought a pair of supposedly unused Force Fin pros. They look unused but one of the bungee retainers is broken. Is it possible just to buy one of these because everything else is new. Thanks,
O BOY, I really like to keep this SB Forum open to fun stuff. Problems due better at Force fin.com. So white bungee was used over 15 years ago, and still looks good. It's not so easy to just send you a retainer. The pins on the inside might be gone and then you will need to replace the blass bushing and so on. Bungie Heel Strap Replacement Kit – Force Fin . Hope you got a good price. Thank you.

Bob,
Brass bushing is fine. I just need the black plastic part. I tried contacting on FF site but the contact form was acting strange and i wasn't sure if my question went through.

Didn’t realize the fins were that old! Still new in box! Even the original papers! I have a pair that I have had for over 1000 dives and they still work like new! Unfortunately they are in Thailand and I am stuck in the USA due to Covid situation. I tried another pair of fins for one dive and hated them.

Attachments

• B33C5B09-E5D5-45D9-89F2-97D3C87DC252.jpeg
    B33C5B09-E5D5-45D9-89F2-97D3C87DC252.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 116
Didn’t realize the fins were that old! Still new in box! Even the original papers! I have a pair that I have had for over 1000 dives and they still work like new! Unfortunately they are in Thailand and I am stuck in the USA due to Covid situation. I tried another pair of fins for one dive and hated them.
Gary was so cool you called. You rock. Share some music...and pictures Thanks for your support. Bob

Yeah, beings as how the bushing is shot, you probably should just get rid of them. :wink: What size did you say they were??? :)

Here you go Bob - talk about FUN! I just found a pair of Tan Deltas for sale - my size, XXL!! WOO HOO!!! :yeahbaby::rain::eyebrow:

Watched Jack Reacher season two last night. In on scene 4 guys jump out of a plane with Force Fins somehow strapped to their feet!

Watched Jack Reacher season two last night. In on scene 4 guys jump out of a plane with Force Fins somehow strapped to their feet!
Did you mean Jack Ryan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom