Brigade technical data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was trying to find this info, but I could only find it piece meal, and I was hoping one of the zeagle reps could help me.

1. How much lift does the brigade offer? (enough to do cool water diving?)

2.If in the future I want to go to doubles, how much would it cost to add a ranger wing to it?

3. How much weight can you put in the weight release system? I know the stiletto can add up to 30 lbs releasable and 20lbs on the tank.

4. Does this BC come with tank weight bands?

1. 35 lbs. Not enough for me, as it turns out. But, no worries. I just put on a larger bladder. (Less than 1/2 hr. first time.) I'll put the 35 lbs. bladder back on for warm water.

2. Scubatoys has them for $293.

3. Same as the Ranger. 36 lbs. in the main weight pockets, plus 20 lbs. in optional rear pockets.

4. The rear weight pockets are optional. $50 at Scubatoys.

1. 35 lbs. Not enough for me, as it turns out. But, no worries. I just put on a larger bladder. (Less than 1/2 hr. first time.) I'll put the 35 lbs. bladder back on for warm water.

quote]

Out of curiousity, what exactly are you wearing that 35 is not enough for you? I was told by several people on this board 35lb should be no problem. I am 6'3" 225, at most wear a 3 mm full layered with a 3mm shorty, maybe have up to 20 lbs of lead,

I'm 280 and wear a 7 mm farmer john semi-dry. That's a LOT of neoprene to weight down.

YMMV.

I'm 280 and wear a 7 mm farmer john semi-dry. That's a LOT of neoprene to weight down.

YMMV.

ok, that sounds better to me, I think it will work for what I need at this time and if I want to advance more I can always get a bigger bladder

The Brigade is a Ranger with an Escape bladder. From Scubatoys description:
I pulled the Bladder off the Escape, and put it onto my old Ranger...
So the pocket capacity is 30 front/20 rear with the optional rear pockets.

From the Zeagle Ranger website:
Standard Features:

30-lb capacity Ripcord® weight system
20-LB capacity rear trim weight system

You might want to consider the Tech wing for doubles - 65 lbs. lift. $329 at ST. It was suggested by my dealer for doubles. I leave it on all the time, it's nominally bigger collapsed than the 44# wing and packs almost as small - my buddy has a 44# Ranger and I've compared them. I suppose you could make the case that I'm not as streamlined but my big square video housing pretty much negates that anyway..lol.

Zeagle wing options at Scubatoys: Scuba Zeagle Accessories

btw, I'm 6'4/275. I dive between 14-16 lbs. in a swimsuit. By the end of a week of diving I sometimes get down to 12#.

quote]

Out of curiousity, what exactly are you wearing that 35 is not enough for you? I was told by several people on this board 35lb should be no problem. I am 6'3" 225, at most wear a 3 mm full layered with a 3mm shorty, maybe have up to 20 lbs of lead,

I'm 6'3" and 225 also. I dive a Brigade with a 3mm full suit and beanie, and I use 12 lbs of lead. In any event, I cannot imagine that a 35 lb wing will not be sufficient with a 3 mil suit unless someone was in excess of 300 lb or so.

Back
Top Bottom