Breathing styles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breathing.... Been over 50 years diving, but fairly deep breath, and hold a while was best for me. .........,,.... This because of the waste of UNPROCESSED, oxygenated air in the regulator and "anatomical dead spaces" between it and lung alveoli. Every breath roughly 200cc of perfectly good air is Totally wasted. I thought about that (engineer since '71) and you Can easily capture that "first-out" air and then make it "first-in" next breath. Process is simple and "public domain" since my patent attorney wasn't great and I was poor back then. As you breath out, a chamber added to your regulator catches (using balloon, diaphragm, or bellows) that "first-out" air and sidetracks it for "first-in". Believe somebody patented the concept in 1955, but had no idea How to do it. See Simmons SCUBA regulator patent on google. I've been meaning to do a minute for youtube, but haven't gotten to it. Yes, I made a prototype. Capture air between mouth and exhaust ports and the slight water pressure differential sends it back to you. Anybody want to get 10-20% more time from each tank? Imagine a typical second stage regulator with a half-soda-can-sized (to be precise) ad-on just under it.....
GeorgeinOkla

Back
Top Bottom