Breakwater 12/28 quick report...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zen_man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm posting from my iPhone, so this will be brief.

Went out South just past the sandbar and dropped. I don't have my compass with me now, but I think I set bearing around 70-75 W/NW, then ran into the fist rock with metridiums, set due North and then once we ran into the cannery pipe, we followed it back in.

Time was 50 minutes on my new HP80 and still had 1000 psi. Sunny came in at 500.

Hit around 48 ft and 49 degrees. Visibility was a normal 12-15 ft. There were some visitors. A small pod of dolphins including Mom and baby. :)

Tons of krill! And I mean a lot. Spotty rain, cloudy, but the water wasn't too dark. I still needed my light at 30+ ft.
All in all, it was a very nice dive. Somewhat strong surge on entry and exit but nothing like it was last night. We were tossed around yesterday evening.
Don't know where I'll be tomorrow. Might try to go to Lobos, maybe McAbee or BW again. :wink:

:zen:

Pictures.... Reports must have pictures.... What are you new? (just kidding...)
Yes Krill pictures rock!

I'm jealous. can't dive, having withdrawals. living vicariously through you buddy!

What a bunch of whiners! :D I see the whole cyber family is here!

As I said, I'm on my iPhone on EDGE network. So no pics right now... Freakboys! :wink:

I guess Travelodge's wireless doesn't support Macs anymore and they won't let me fix it. :(

So, I guess you'll just have to come down and see for yourselves.:D

And I hope I'm always a newb! :wink:

I don't ever want to get too big for my britches...like Ron!:rofl3:

Just kidding buddy! Stirring the pot! :lotsalove:

So no other divers hanging out at the Breakwater? Wind? Waves? Doom and Gloom?

4 other divers and 5 snorkeling(maybe OW class). No wind, just overcast and surf was about 3 feet. That was really it. Lot was empty, but I'm sure the cattle herd will be there tomorrow morning. :)

Oh, and I heard that tonight it's been beautiful at BW. Report was it's real calm and 30-35 ft viz. But I would want to see it to believe it! :wink:

Going to watch "I am Legand" with the wife now. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom