Brazil - Ilhabela

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mergulhador do Delray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Probably a bit of a long-shot as Brazil doesn't attract much attention here and given Covid, who knows. Anybody have any experiences (good or bad) with dive shops in São Paulo/Ilhabela? I'll be in Sao Paulo and was hoping to get 3 or so days diving in. Ilhabela is reasonably close. Already planning on usinf SCAFO ABC for one dive, but they only have one scheduled (Lajes de São Paulo).

Thanks in advance.

Probably a bit of a long-shot as Brazil doesn't attract much attention here and given Covid, who knows. Anybody have any experiences (good or bad) with dive shops in São Paulo/Ilhabela? I'll be in Sao Paulo and was hoping to get 3 or so days diving in. Ilhabela is reasonably close. Already planning on usinf SCAFO ABC for one dive, but they only have one scheduled (Lajes de São Paulo).

Thanks in advance.
Did you end up going? How was the diving & operation(s)?

Hi, will be in Sao Paolo next couple weeks and would love to find good places to dive. Would prefer to stay overnight in a good place if possible, all advice is welcome

When you say Sao Paulo, do you mean the city or the state? If the state, what city? How long will you be therefore. I know of one shop that has a trip from the city of SP to Lajes de Santos on the 19th of November and the 12th of december. Another, going to Alcatrazes and IlhaBela the 19th and 20th of November.

Did you end up going? How was the diving & operation(s)?
I went to Ilha Grande for two days. I was seeing friends there, so I had fun. They were all shallow dives, cold (68-70) with limited vis due to seismic testing Petrobras was conducting. If I were going to Brazil just to dive, I would probably go farther north. Recife, Maceio or Maragogi. Recife for wrecks, the others for reefs. Abrolhos in Bahia for a liveaboard. Bonito for caves (if that's your thing).

Apologies for not responding sooner.

whom did you dive with in Ilha Grande?

whom did you dive with in Ilha Grande?
I went with a dive shop in Sao Paulo called Scafo ABC. I was with some Brazilian friends who use the shop and we were part of a group of about 60 who went on the trip. The group had taken over the entire pousada on Ilha Grande (literally it was just us). We stayed at Pousada Nautilus. Pousada Nautilus – Ilha Grande.

Back
Top Bottom