Brant Rock/Jetty Marshfield visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well this is the local shop over in Marshfield you could contact them. North Atlantic Scuba

Thank you augk I did. They have a dive on Wednesday's. I had a couple fun shallow dives at 4th Cliff. Never did have time to get to Brant Rock though we did drive through town and checked it out.

Hey O.F. If you are still there I'am only a little south of Brant Rock....I go out of Sandwich....right over the Sagamore Bridge (Cape Cod Canal)

Hey O.F. If you are still there I'am only a little south of Brant Rock....I go out of Sandwich....right over the Sagamore Bridge (Cape Cod Canal)
I was only visiting for a couple days. I'm back up in NH again. If you get up this way this summer we'll get together somewhere.

Thank you augk I did. They have a dive on Wednesday's. I had a couple fun shallow dives at 4th Cliff. Never did have time to get to Brant Rock though we did drive through town and checked it out.

Hey how was the viz off 4th cliff? Thinking of going there tomorrow.

Hey how was the viz off 4th cliff? Thinking of going there tomorrow.

I did shallow dives at low tide one day and high the next. The viz was better on the ocean side of the rocky point - I'd say our normal 12-15'+. A little less in the river. At the nly edge of the rocky point the viz was 6-8' probably because the river seds mixing with the ocean is strongest there. I will say there is a strong longshore current against the shore and around the point on the outgoing high tide. Saw several good size skates,a 10" horseshoe crab and a good looking flounder. Also what might have been a 12" sea bass [not sure] but no other fish. They know we are there long before we get in visual range of them. If you are familiar with the area you know where to dive. If and when I go back I will spend most of my time on the ocean side of the point. I think the viz would be better out there than at the bottleneck mouth of that river.

Went yesterday to 4th cliff - ok 12ft viz - but got out there in the kayak and saw nothing but baby lobbys and lots of sand. Went through one tank - at the beginning it was nice can calm - but when we came back up someone REALLY turned on the WIND! - 5-10knt SW winds......yea right........

Thanks for the report Goody, I was wondering what the terrain was like offshore a ways. It would make sense that there would be a lot of sand at that river mouth with such a large amount of marshland upriver. From looking at the aerials of the area, there is much vegetation along the ocean side of the point and sly. Looks like a great place to spend time snorkeling and looking for critters to harrass. I notice that the maps show 3 or 4 "shipwrecks or sunken vessels" in the waterways in the marsh and North River. Are they worth exploring/have you ever checked them out while kayaking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom