Brand new to everything

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyBuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am brand new to diving. Been something I have wanted to do for twenty years. About a month ago I can't say what got into me but I drove down to my LDS and inquired about classes. Left with mask, fins and snorkel and a start date.

Just finished confined water dives and classwork. Could do OW dives next weekend in a quarry but water is big time cold so I opted out until mid June. (I am not a cold weather or cold water person. Basically interested in warmth, sunscreen and Coronas!)

Brand new to this board too. Came here looking for suggestions/advice on BP/W or jacket bcd. As you can imagine I am dizzy now.:D Looks to be a gigantic amount of experience and knowledge on this board. Looking forward to picking your brains.

Buck

Welcome to Scubaboard! Any information you need will sure be found here. The Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems Forum is a good place to start. Post what type of diving you want to get into, Tech, Rec, Photography, etc, sounds like you might be traveling to warmer regions, weight can be a consideration, so keep that in mind when looking for a BP/W or a Jacket BC. Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom