brand new, but very motivated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tenacious

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hello! I am currently living in south jersey, but am relocating to PSL Florida in the near future. I have never dove before, I snorkeled while I lived in Bermuda, but that's as close as i came. To add insult to ignorance, I plan on diving from a waverunner that i have customized for fishing. I will primarily be looking to get into spearfishing and lobstering. I hope to learn a lot on here, which shouldn't be too hard since i know absolutely nothing, haha.

There's a lot to learn. Did you get certified yet? You definitely need to get familiar with the area before try to solo dive from your waverunner. Practice at bhb and do chartered drift dives. Vis ducks out the st Lucie inlet right now and into the foreseeable future due to the lake discharge.

Anyhow, welcome to the area and best of luck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the welcome!
i plan on getting my cert in Florida. I figured it would be more beneficial for me to get it down there. i wont be down there until christma's time, hopefully they get the nasty water figured out by then.

Yea that's best.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

hello! I am currently living in south jersey, but am relocating to PSL Florida in the near future. I have never dove before, I snorkeled while I lived in Bermuda, but that's as close as i came. To add insult to ignorance, I plan on diving from a waverunner that i have customized for fishing. I will primarily be looking to get into spearfishing and lobstering. I hope to learn a lot on here, which shouldn't be too hard since i know absolutely nothing, haha.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You will like living on the Treasure Coast. In your area, talk to Steve Wood at Deep6 (aka shcubasteve), you will be in good hands. Also, New shop is Stuart Dive Center, talk to Christy the manager and have her set you up with Donna Askew...she is awesome! I learned alot coteaching with her.
Do tell Steve & Donna I said hello.

Now if you come to Key Largo, look me up. :)

Happy Diving!
Elena

You've got so many shops to choose from. Some even offer discounts through Groupon. I did my OW, Nitrox, and AOW with Scuba Works in Jupiter. I haven't visited Deep Six yet, but I've seen them at the bridge and I hear good things about them. The guys in Stuart are cool, I just wish they had a better selection of Steel 100's to rent. Last time I asked for a steel, they gave me an AL100. Force E are good people. Pura Vida is cool, they come across as really environmental friendly types and extremely nice in the shop.

I was thinking of hitting Stuart Scuba up for my next classes.

I plan on diving from a waverunner that i have customized for fishing. I will primarily be looking to get into spearfishing and lobstering. I hope to learn a lot on here, which shouldn't be too hard since i know absolutely nothing, haha.
Cool! Your idea could be the new rage, diving off a waverunner!

I wonder if will be more popular than SUP?

i figure i already have a mini dive boat with the ski. I had and sold a 24' walk around because i primarily fish alone. that's when i bought a bone stock yamaha suv and went to work on it. i installed a second battery, gps/fishfinder/chartplotter, a vhf, rod holders, and a cooler rack. the ski is the largest ever made and its close to 14' long with the cooler on the back. it is a 4 person ski, driver and 3 passengers. i have 150 gallons of storage in the compartments on the ski not counting the cooler. i think i could squeeze all the scuba gear in the rear sponsons (they are 6 feet long). if it doesn't fit in there, i could remove the cooler from the rack and fabricate a cage or metal basket to mount to the rack. i believe it would accomidate 2 divers cand their gear comfortably. it is ridiculously fuel efficient compared to my boat, and a ton more fun. it is way larger and more stable than 99% of waverunners out there. unlike most waverunners, i can walk circles around the ski and not tip it over. i actually tried to roll it and cant, so boarding shouldnt be an issue.

the last picture is a stock suv next to a gpr1200 waverunner to give you an idea of how big the ski is.

IMAG0977.jpgIMAG0979.jpgvhf12.jpgholders.jpgPWC 111.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom