Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all!

New here and hope that the ScubaBoard community could help me with a possible solution or tips for the following:

Earlier this year me partner and I purchased two brand new Aqualung Legend Supreme sets, during our IDC one of the regs started malfunctioning. It leaks from the first stage, where the DIN enters the stage.

I contacted Aqualung by sending them a kind email about the issue and what a solution would be. They told us they won't deal with us directly and we had to go back to the shop. We called the shop and they were very rude and they wanted us to open up the first stage ourselves (and breaking warranty)

I shot a quick video of the problem that we have with the regulator. (link)

We'd love hear from anyone who could help us or has a tip.

Regards,
Joost

Instagram: iDutch

Get a hex wrench that fits the the din fitting and check if its loose. If it is loose, tighten it.

( assuming it still has an o-ring) (also assuming you're tightening the DIN wheel enough)

this is exactly what i did when my started "leaking" simple fix, unless you blew the o-ring out

Also, after you attach the 1st stage to the valve, DON'T move it around so you don't re-loosen it.

As other have said if the o-ring is there you just need to tighten with a hex wrench. They can become loose if the reg is rotated while pressurized on the tank.

Another consideration -- if those suggestions don't solve the issue -- that there may be a protruding or otherwise damaged o-ring on the first stage end of the DIN connector. It can be quite common; but there is the question of torque setting for that connector. My gear, as per manufacturer's instructions, is set at 28-30 nm or so; haven't a clue about Aqua Lung, off the top of my head . . .

The torque value is 18ft/lbs after you confirm your o-rings are intact.

I am assuming your reg is still under warranty. If so, take the reg set back to the place where you purchased it, and don't let their rudeness get in the way of you insisting they fix the problem. It is not your job to fix a brand new regulator that is not performing correctly, and if you do anything to try to fix the problem, you have just given the vendor an excuse to say "You broke it." Don't put up with crappy customer support from the vendor. You are not helping yourself, or the next diver that decides to buy from that vendor.

I am assuming your reg is still under warranty. If so, take the reg set back to the place where you purchased it, and don't let their rudeness get in the way of you insisting they fix the problem. It is not your job to fix a brand new regulator that is not performing correctly, and if you do anything to try to fix the problem, you have just given the vendor an excuse to say "You broke it." Don't put up with crappy customer support from the vendor. You are not helping yourself, or the next diver that decides to buy from that vendor.

I’m not even sure the OP is currently in the same location as the shop where he bought the regs, as he said they bought the regs during their IDC.

@Joost van Geenen if you are in a different location from the shop where you bought the regs, contact AquaLung and ask for the nearest shop or find one via their website. You do still have purchase receipts, correct?

Although I agree it should be the responsibility of the vendor on a new reg, knowing what it is, what caused it and how to fix it may well come in handy on a dive trip if it happens again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom