Brac Divi Tiara demolition planned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue/Dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Demolition of Divi Tiara planned | Cayman Compass
From the article:
After being vacant for more than a decade, work will begin Monday to demolish the Divi Tiara Beach resort on Cayman Brac, according to Scott Development operations manager Mervyn Scott...the work will entail knocking down the existing buildings, cleaning up the area, and filling in the land with what he called “beautiful sand”.

FRONT-Divi-Tiara-DSC_0028.jpg

I remember the Divi very well. The accommodations were dumpy, the boats old, wet and slow, but the diving was great and the short order cook at breakfast, Cliff was very entertaining.
I recall having to be transferred from one boat to another more than once because of mechanical issues. Maybe the place was nice when first opened but by the last few years of existence, very run down and poorly maintained. I guess competition from the then new Brac Beach Resort put them out of business. After staying at Brac Beach once, we never considered going back to the Divi, even though it was less expensive.

This is from 2013 but it is an interesting video exploration of the abandoned Divi Tiara resort:

It was marginally interesting to see the Divi but that video was one of the most boring I have ever experienced. Could not get through the whole thing.

My wife and I walked around that place when we stayed at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort. The diving there was really nice.

My wife and I stayed there on our very first dive trip for our honeymoon in August 1995. Sad to see it being demolished, but it has been an eyesore since Paloma.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom