BPW for 11yo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks... do you know if there are any pads for small backplates?

What type of harness do you use for your son? Single webbing?
It is a aluminum plate. It has the Halcyon Storage pack on the plate, and it isn't one piece webbing at this time. It is an adjustable harness for ease of getting him in and out of the setup as he gets used to the whole thing. It is a little busy with all of the adjustments, but I wan't him to be comfortable first. I don't have him in a long hose and necklace yet either. Baby steps! But hopefully he can do OW in a longhose setup so he can work on trim and buoyancy/positioning right from the start.
IMG_6823.JPG

It is a aluminum plate. It has the Halcyon Storage pack on the plate, and it isn't one piece webbing at this time. It is an adjustable harness for ease of getting him in and out of the setup as he gets used to the whole thing. It is a little busy with all of the adjustments, but I wan't him to be comfortable first. I don't have him in a long hose and necklace yet either. Baby steps! But hopefully he can do OW in a longhose setup so he can work on trim and buoyancy/positioning right from the start.
View attachment 543729

Very nice setup. I'm looking to put together something similar for my son. Is that a hybrid between a transplate and a dive rite deluxe harness? Looks like a deluxe for the most part but that model doesn't come with those angled slides to anchor the shoulder straps to the waist belt

View attachment 543729
Thanks for posting the pic!

Our whole family uses Oxycheq soft plates w/ 18lb wings. This includes me (5’-9”, 155), wife (5’-0”, 105); 15 YO daughter (5’-3”, 105) and 11 YO son (4’-9”, 100). All have a single piece harness. Each rig weighs in at less than 6 lbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom