Question BP/W Setups for sale in Maryland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crclark96

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone

I tested out an xdeep BP/W setup a few weeks ago and decided to try and put together one of my own. Unfortunately, the dive shop I usually work with is a bit far away and has been really dragging their feet getting me info about purchasing one.

I have a few local dives scheduled for mid May so I'm hoping this is something I can put together in the next few weeks so I can adjust my trim and make any changes before summer travel starts.

Does anyone know a good dive shop in Maryland (preferably not too far from Baltimore) that sells BP/W setups? Bonus points for staff who can help me make sure the entire thing is configured correctly since this is my first setup.

Thanks in advance!

What's wrong with Dive Gear Express? They have a big selection and great service. (I'd go with Extreme Exposure myself, but I've been using Halcyon for years now and it's gotten to be a habit.)

Scubadelphia DiveSeekers.com

1650734573919.png

If I lived this close, I would drive there just to check it out, despite the fact that they sell Apeks/Dive Rite/Halcyon bp/wings.

1650735719865.png

AFTERWARDS, drive an hour further to:

Northeast Scuba Supply which sells Hog/Hollis/OMS/Oxycheq/many others.

'Am very envious of you, getting to play with that many different manufacturers of bp/wings, in person! 🤿

Lancaster Scuba in Lancaster, PA is an Xdeep dealer and could get you set up I'm sure. Another option is Submerged in Rockville, MD, they are a very tech oriented shop well acquainted with backplates.

Hey everyone

I tested out an xdeep BP/W setup a few weeks ago and decided to try and put together one of my own. Unfortunately, the dive shop I usually work with is a bit far away and has been really dragging their feet getting me info about purchasing one.

I have a few local dives scheduled for mid May so I'm hoping this is something I can put together in the next few weeks so I can adjust my trim and make any changes before summer travel starts.

Does anyone know a good dive shop in Maryland (preferably not too far from Baltimore) that sells BP/W setups? Bonus points for staff who can help me make sure the entire thing is configured correctly since this is my first setup.

Thanks in advance!

Just buy a bp/w "kit". It's not hard to setup. If you want to order it and come to my house I'll be happy to help you adjust and you can see how mine fits. I'm in Fallston.

you can do it yourself, it's simple. I think most people, myself included, make it too tight when they 1st do it.

As a new diver I was a bit weary about building my own but as @rob.mwpropane said buy a kit and get it checked out.

I purchased a freedom plate here off the board then using a few more resources here and a couple YouTube videos I had it built. I took it to Southern Maryland Dive Shop in Solomon’s where they looked it over briefly and said yeah looks good.

Afterwards I went to Lake Phoenix, dove it and just adjusted it from there. I did meet another diver there that gave me great advice on diving BPW and different pointers on configuration as well.

Doing all this though was simple, enjoyable, and gave me a more understanding of my setup. Definitely recommend a DIY setup then connect with someone to review, if you’re a DIY type that is.

Hey everyone

Thanks in advance!
I'm in Baltimore and I have a problem... I've got way to many back plates and wings. Quiet a few things from halcyon and dgx if you want to meet locally somewhere and figure out what you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom