BP and Stiletto Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Will the standard size Stiletto wing fit properly on a generic (non-Zeagle) backplate?

There are no mounting holes in the wing, the only attachment points are the cam band guides. Are these spaced the same as the cam band slots on most BP?

If you buy a Zeagle BP, it comes with the stainless steel screws and nyloc nuts that allow you to mount your Stiletto wing to it. The bladder will match up with the holes in the BP, and you simply use the screws and nuts to attatch the stainless steel slides to the plate.

No other brand of plate has those holes, as far as I know.

To second the great part of having those screw holes is that you will experience less "wing flap" when in a current. It also makes single tank diving much easier by not allowing the wing to wrap around the tank.

If you buy a Zeagle BP, it comes with the stainless steel screws and nyloc nuts that allow you to mount your Stiletto wing to it. The bladder will match up with the holes in the BP, and you simply use the screws and nuts to attatch the stainless steel slides to the plate.

No other brand of plate has those holes, as far as I know.

I already have a few plates. I was hoping I could use the Stiletto wing with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom