Bourbon Street Hotel in New Orleans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Would anyone in this group recommend a hotel or AirBNB that is in French Quarter and safe, for Mardi Gras weekend?
Thank you!

Had a great stay at Hotel St Marie a few blocks up from Bourbon Street.

My Navy SWCC unit buddies & I had a great time at Cat's Meow bar on Bourbon St., but we did not stay at any hotels there. :eyebrow:
This will be a Ladies only weekend, but I’m sure our daughters would like a bit of nightlife, thanks for the recommendation!
Also @MaxE , we can’t afford anywhere near Bourbon Street!
We are a group of hockey moms in our 50’s, daughter’s are also hockey, not powder puff, and we’ll all stick together.

Mason Dupree!

Ah, Bourbon Street Mardi Gras, the sweet smell of vomit and piss wafting up to your room, loud abusive drunks and the chance of getting shot to boot! Perfect family vacation spot.

In answer to your question, no I cannot recommend a hotel anywhere near New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

Seriously, be careful if you head down there. Anytime really but especially during Mardi Gras.

Ah, Bourbon Street Mardi Gras, the sweet smell of vomit and piss wafting up to your room, loud abusive drunks and the chance of getting shot to boot! Perfect family vacation spot.

In answer to your question, no I cannot recommend a hotel anywhere near New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

Seriously, be careful if you head down there. Anytime really but especially during Mardi Gras.
Well I guess the subtlety of my earlier reply was missed, and that's my fault. Do come for Mardi Gras its a great time. Do stay in the French Quarter, my recommendation is to stay off Bourbon Street (really the part of the street from Canal to St. Ann). Like the whole time, try to avoid it. Seriously, it is not Mardi Gras but what a bunch of Frat boys from Atlanta and Gainesville imagine it to be from some girls gone wild video. If you're a group of females, even more so. Now the section from St. Ann to Esplanade on Mardi Gras day (Fat Tuesday) is another matter and worth checking out. If your here on the Tuesday head to frenchman St.
I'm by no means an expert but I have been to the mardi gras a few times

Back
Top Bottom