Bought a cheap DPV on Craigslist Guess what happens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is worth 10 minutes if you have the time. I was scouting an area that is in need of cleaning as part of an upcoming Harbor Clean-up event, and I was testing out a new toy in Lake Superior last weekend.
The water was 47 degrees and I decided to wear my 5mil because we weren't supposed to be going out for long. An hour later I was a bit chilled to say the least.
Anyway, I was shocked to see so many tires and other trash, but there was some other cool things to see from our areas past.
The second link is a video I put together to announce the cleanup.

Thanks for your time.

DD

two words: Duct Tape.....

I might go Gorilla on this one. LOL! Thanks for that!

So what do you think, should the tires come out? Can't be good for the environment...

Thanks for that link, Rusty. I'm going to MacGyver this one as I'd hate to pay more for shipping and repair than the original purchase price. Besides, affixing the nose cone should be a simple matter. I won't resort to tape, that was a joke.
Has anyone else been confronted with this problem? Seems like it would be a common one with this design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom