Bottom Times Differ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaduced

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My first computer was an XR-1, which I love, simple to use, easy to read and reliable. I picked up an XR-2, so I could begin Nitrox diving. My idea was to use the XR-1 as a backup, but the Bottom Times in the planning mode are significantly different. By more than 10%. They have the same algorithm and database, so I don't understand what is going on.

During the first dive, same issue. The XR-2 is still in Air Mode, so it's not a Nitrox vs Air situation. The computers have been traveling together, so the 4000' altitude during the drive to Mexico, should affect them the same.

I've looked through the manuals, I don't see a 'conservatism setting' that could explain the difference. Am I missing something? Is it the PO2 setting?

Darell

One may be stuck in an altitude mode. I have seen this problem a number of time with Pelagic computers.

One may be stuck in an altitude mode. I have seen this problem a number of time with Pelagic computers.

Thanks for the suggestion

Can I reset it by removing the battery? Or is it a pressure sensor error mode?

Darell

Thanks for the suggestion

Can I reset it by removing the battery? Or is it a pressure sensor error mode?

Darell

Worth a try but computers ended up being replaced both time I saw this problem. Oceanic replaced them with refurbished computers at a very reasonable cost.

Give the battery change a try - reboot and check the plan mode. Give our service dept. a call for assistance.

I'll do that Doug, thanks for dropping a note.

Darell

After doing about 6 dives with the computers side by side, they report the same numbers (depth and remaining bottom time) while diving. The plan function numbers are pretty close, too.

The only thing I can think of is, they needed a couple of dive/surface interval cycles to get "synchronized."

Back
Top Bottom