Bottom Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biggest problem with this suggestion is you can easily bend the computer (but not bottom timer) and have it lock you out from further diving.

I constantly see used Uwatec BTs for sale here and on TheDecoStop (usually around $100).

You can get a new air-only wrist computer like the Oceanic Veo for $150 and ignore everything but time, depth, and temperature. That is less the bottom timers were new.

I have not tested it but my understanding from the Veo manual is a violation will turn it into a bottom timer:

Page 34:
Violation Gauge Mode turns the Veo 100 into a digital instrument without any decompression functions. Only Current Depth, Max Depth, Elapsed Dive Time, and the Variable Ascent Rate Indicator will be displayed (Fig. 33). The full Tissue Loading Bar Graph will flash as a warning of this condition. Temperature and Time of Day can be viewed as an Alternate Display when the button is pressed.

Those bottom timers are getting hard to find. I wish all computers had a setup mode to turn the decompression functions off.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom