DIR- Generic Bottom timer recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I see a lot of friends are running around with Shearwater whatevers now. Anybody still use basic bottom timers? Several "inexpensive" dive computers support gauge mode. Do any of them allow you to reset the time (or really, do any have a "lap" function) so you can reset the time for deco?

Used to be, a scubapro tec4g (correction - tec3g) had all this stuff. Anything similar available today?

I’m not sure I’m still looking to buy one myself :)

What’s stopping you from researching that yourself?

Hahaha

I thought the beauty of DIR diving is that one doesn't have to re-invent the wheel. Did I get that wrong?

I am researching on my own. It turns out, the tec3g is still alive and well. It's called the aladin sport matrix. And it has the lap function on it. Just wondering if any of the other offerings from Suunto and other similar manufactures had similar features but with other better features (such as OLED screens or whatever).

You can get a bottom timer version of the Divesoft Freedom.

I dive the Scubapro/Uwatec 330m which shows everything I need (depth, time, avg. depth). It doesn't have a resettable timer though and no backlight (which blows on ascents in the dark).

It is hard to beat the reliability of the Uwatec (now available from Scubapro). I have a couple that are more than ten years old and are still working fine. We also use them at work and anything that can survive the hard daily use that they get here is impressive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom