Bottle For EAN50...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to buy a bottle for EAN50 but I do not know what to buy...

I am considering an Al S80 or an Al 7 Litres...

I did the course with an S80 and although I am a newbie I noticed the when full with 200 bars of Nitrox 50 it was a little bit heavy and I started to forget about it when it was half full...

I have never used and Al 7 Litres as a deco bottle...

What would you buy and why ???

Pls help me...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Luxfers and only luxfers. 40's and 80's

Currently I use an AL80 and it lasts me a few dives. Using an AL40 would work as well. :)

I still don't know what I should buy...

I must admit that during the course I had not problems with an S80 but I did not like the way the bottle was floating when it was full, half full or empty...

A 7 litres bottle will be surely easier to handle and maybe would even ride better than a S80 but there would be less gas to share if my buddy has a problem with his bottle of EAN50...

On one had I would like a minimalist approach (read 7 litres) on the other hand a bigger bottle will give more gas...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Erik Il Rosso:
I still don't know what I should buy...

I must admit that during the course I had not problems with an S80 but I did not like the way the bottle was floating when it was full, half full or empty...

A 7 litres bottle will be surely easier to handle and maybe would even ride better than a S80 but there would be less gas to share if my buddy has a problem with his bottle of EAN50...

On one had I would like a minimalist approach (read 7 litres) on the other hand a bigger bottle will give more gas...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso
Well, I only use a 40 for 50% gas. If I'm going through more than 40 cu ft of 50%, I might start thinking about bringing a 100% for the final stop, instead of using an 80. If you buddy loses his 50%, he just has to go to backgas.

OTOH, I use 80's as stages and I really don't see the issue here.

JeffG:
Luxfers and only luxfers. 40's and 80's
Why not catalina? I only have used luxfer, is there a problem with other al tanks?

JeffG:
Well, I only use a 40 for 50% gas. If I'm going through more than 40 cu ft of 50%, I might start thinking about bringing a 100% for the final stop, instead of using an 80. If you buddy loses his 50%, he just has to go to backgas.

OTOH, I use 80's as stages and I really don't see the issue here.

Same for me.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom