Both PG & Anilao from Manila: Order / Logistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Trecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to organize and 8 day trip starting from Manila Airport for both Puerto Galera and Anilao.
Any suggestions on order and logistics? Should it be PG and then Anilao?
The resorts I have looked at (including Galleon) seem to want a huge premium to arrange transfers. Any suggestions / recs on that and how it affects order appreciated. Thank you!

I took a group there last March and did both PG and Anilao. I chose to do PG first. PG has the most topside activity while Anilao is quiet, and I figured quiet will work better at end of trip when everyone is worn out. But mainly because ferry crossings can get canceled due to weather and I wanted to get back on mainland several days before departure. Doing PG first gave us a margin in case weather is bad, we just hole up in PG a few more days and cross when it clears up. If you do PG last and ferries aren't running on departure day then you have to deal with missed flights.

Also, we used Frontier Scuba in PG and they arranged a ferry direct to our resort in Anilao which was much faster and easier for us than going to Batangas and catching shuttles.

You can get to PG via private transfer direct to your resort/dive shop or by ferry and then road vehicle. I like SiKat for the latter. Road between PG and Sabang is under construction so trip is slow. Once in Sabang you can arrange for a boat transfer to Anilao.

Always put Anilao in as the last bit of your trip , it gives you room in the unfortunate event that the ferry's are cancelled due to a storm warning. I use Beeway travel for my trip from en to the airport.
Frank

Drschibi,

If you want convenience I use a Manila-based private hire service and he has never once let me down, he is not the cheapest nor the most expensive either, just negotiate a fixed price beforehand.

He picks us up at the airport and drives from Manila to Batangas for the ferries to PG/Sabang and is there to meet you when you return.

As advised by Frank I would also dive PG first as it is off the mainland and dive Anilao second then its an easy return to Manila for your flight back home.

I am not sure if you are allowed to post telephone numbers on Scubaboard forums, however, if you are interested please send me a private message and I will provide you with his contact details.

Fyi,
I do not gain anything from any referrals, just helping out fellow divers.

As already explained PG first and then Anilao. But with only 8 days to spare, it is a bit of rush to cover these two places.
You can travel to both Anilao and PG by public transport. It is not easy or difficult but it can be tedious and tiring.

If you can start early in Manila(before 08:00) then Si-Kat is the best especially for the first time visitor.
Si-kat
From Mulle you still need to arrange your own transport to Sabang. Easy option would be a trike for P200.00. Jeepney is only P20.00 but you need to walk(200m) to the stop.

You can arrange expensive private boat transfer between Anilao and PG. Ask you resort for detail. Cheaper option would be public ferry to Batangas and then prearranged transport to the resort of Anilao of choice.

It all depends on what time you arrive in Manila, you cannot cross the channel to PG after dark if you arrive late in Manila. If you decide Anilao first then it is possible to arrange a private boat transfer direct to your resort in PG, the cost of this is around $140 one way. Otherwise you would have to arrange a van from Anilao to take you to Batangas pier for public boat transfer, the van ride is about an hour and then the boat ride is about another hour. The direct private transfer is more expensive but I would recommend it, Batangas Pier is not a great place with people trying to grab your bags and generally rip you off. If its a busy time you might also have to wait for a few hours to get on the next boat across. Hope this helps.

I did Anilao first and then PG but I didn't have to worry about ferry cancellations since I had three weeks. I used a private car. The driver's first name was Redgie but I don't have his card with me since I'm doing chemo this week. I think the advice about doing Anilao last is good given your time constraints and possible ferry cancellations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom