Boston Whaler 22' Guardian Dive Master Project Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble

Reaction score
I'm not a regular on this board but I thought my boat would be directly relavent to the users here:

I'm selling my 22 Boston Whaler Guardian Dive Master. This boat is built like a tank. It comes from Boston Whalers Commercial division. It formerly was a U.S. Navy dive boat used for military purposes. Guardians are the same hull as an Outrage but have a thicker/stronger fiberglass hull.
I bought this boat to be a project boat but my wife says it has to go as I still havenÃÕ finished my 25 Outrage.
Even though the military put their boats to the test, the main reason I bought this boat was because of its relative good shape. It has the typical dings on the front corners on both sides and the back corners as well. There are various dings and scratches throughout the boat as would be expected. The worst damage is up on the top of the bow where there is a 7 crack. Nothing major though, nothing a little fiberglass, putty and gel coat couldnÃÕ fix.
Here are a few features:
The center console is all aluminum and has aluminum floor plates attached to it.
Aluminum gunnels
Aluminum transom guard with self bailing flaps
Removable aluminum dive door.
This is a project boat. The Console will need to be taken out and re-painted. It is missing the front hatch cover so one will need to be fabricated or bought aftermarket. The main deck should probably be removed and cleaned accordingly underneath. (I did that with my outrage, not that big of a deal plus its easier to run new wires, etc). The gas tank looks to be in good shape but will need to be drained as I IÃÎ sure there is water mixed with gas in there. I donÃÕ know how much is in there. I had to do that with my Outrage as well, again not a big deal. Basic glass work will need to be done and a good buff and wax will do wonders for this boat. After that pick your poison as far as a new outboard(s) go. There are some really cheap SuzukiÃÔ out there right now. I put a 300 Suzuki on the back of my outrage and it has worked out awesome.
The trailer is in ok shape. The brakes do not work but other than that its solid. There would need to be a little bit adjusting to the trailer to get the Guardian to fit perfectly. The tires on the trailer are just under a year old and have less than 300 miles on them. Lights work.

I have more photos I can email, just let me know. The boat is located in San Diego, CA.
Price: $4000 or best offer.

Call or message me with any questions.
John
619-548-0690

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 2,620
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 1,309
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,117
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 1,157
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,073
Hi John- I am in Green Bay WI and am looking for a boat to use as a tender for duck hunting on Lake Michigan. Could you send me some more pictures?

Thanks, Rick
cpdrp@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom