boston harbor diving= scallops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also went out with Boston Scuba last week though I think I went out a different day than you. Great charter. Pat and Jim know some great scallop beds.

I am also going on their December 3rd scallop charter; I believe there is still some room if anyone else is interested.

Looks like a great operation, I've been looking for someone in Boston Harbor to run some charters with. Thanks for the posting!

+1, they run a great charter and they know the scallop beds like no one else. I went on a scallop charter with them earlier this year and filled one catch bag within 10 minutes of dropping.

Dave, If you're up in this area diving give me a shout!

Do they run the scallop dives year round or is there a season for taking scallops?

This is the first year they are running the boat year round so I'm not sure if they will be running scallop charters throughout the winter. They don't usually run scallop charters form Memorial Day to the beginning of September due to the overabundance of pleasure boats zipping around the harbor over most of the scallop beds.

Their website is Boston SCUBA - Retail Sales, SCUBA Classes, Dive Charters, Boston Harbor Tours & Diver Services

Basically what Lewis said.. They don't tend to run scallop charters in the summer months due to boat traffic although they did do some weekday afternoon charters this year when there was significantly less pleasure boat traffic.

There is no season for scallops (at least for recreational) as far as I know and there is no permit required in Massachusetts.

+1, they run a great charter and they know the scallop beds like no one else. I went on a scallop charter with them earlier this year and filled one catch bag within 10 minutes of dropping.

Dave, If you're up in this area diving give me a shout!

Lewis, I definitely have some Boston & Maine diving plans for this coming season! I'm building a great trip schedule, and will let you know dates and locations in about two weeks when the schedule goes "live".

Lewis, I definitely have some Boston & Maine diving plans for this coming season! I'm building a great trip schedule, and will let you know dates and locations in about two weeks when the schedule goes "live".

sounds good, looking forward to hearing the details. One downside to Boston Diving, is that they are a six pack. If you're looking for something bigger, check out Cape Ann Divers. They are located about 45 minutes north of Boston in Gloucester.

Went out with Jim and Pat on the 3rd, had a wardrobe malfunction aka suit flood and only managed to bring back dinner for two. Went out today and managed to bag the limit! With scallops at $15 to $17 per lb today was both fun and profitable - now we don't have to buy them for Christmas Eve!!!!
Thanks Guys and have a great Holiday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom