Born to dive, forced to work! (Regular job). is there ANY hope of a dive job, or....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
oooor a dive related job at all..

Male, 28 years old, been diving the cold waters of the North for about two-three years now, closing in on 100 dives (99% photo dives).

Tought i would just try this out to see if there is any hope at all for me in the big world :coffee:

I try to dive almost every day. if im not diving, im watching diving online, build custom dive gear, or anything thats diving related :dork2:
my Biig dream is to get out there, just live and dive.. don't need a bunch of money.. but offcourse i need to work!
Em a hard worker, working at a shipyard for sevral years, industrial plumber (at the moment), fish industri.. and so on.

So im looking for any kind of dive job, or dive related work. short time basis or long.
From helper guy, too... well anything !

Have been doing uw photography since i started diving, and have advanced very much. I do lots of on-land photography aswell.
So, anything within photography would be awsome ! Maybe even on shore.

Got a Padi AOWD now, but willing to take more courses.
speak and write good english, norwegian and some swedish.

Why choose me ?
Couse i'll go all in. Diving is not just a hobby, job, anything.... It's a way of life for me!

I know this is a cheap shot!(!) but no guts, no glory :)

The dive industry is like any other business. The first question a potential employer may ask is, "What value can you bring to the operation?" They will take it for granted that you are an awesome diver and want to know what other skills can you bring.

A few things they look for...

Mechanical Aptitude - Are you good with tools? can you work on boat motors?

Computer Skills - Can you fix their website? Can you post a video? Can you use MS Word?

People Skills - Can you make customers happy?

Work History - Is your work history stable and filled with good professional references?

Misc - Multilingual? Even Tempered? Willing to Learn

This list is just a few random examples of things that can make you more valuable to the dive industry but you can see that they apply to all industry.

Making a living in the dive industry is very tough but it can be done and the rewards are very unique.

Best of luck to you,

ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network - So you want to be in the dive business…

The dive industry is like any other business. The first question a potential employer may ask is, "What value can you bring to the operation?" They will take it for granted that you are an awesome diver and want to know what other skills can you bring.

A few things they look for...

Mechanical Aptitude - Are you good with tools? can you work on boat motors?

Computer Skills - Can you fix their website? Can you post a video? Can you use MS Word?

People Skills - Can you make customers happy?

Work History - Is your work history stable and filled with good professional references?

Misc - Multilingual? Even Tempered? Willing to Learn

This list is just a few random examples of things that can make you more valuable to the dive industry but you can see that they apply to all industry.

Making a living in the dive industry is very tough but it can be done and the rewards are very unique.

Best of luck to you,

ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network - So you want to be in the dive business…

Mechanical, well yeah kinda been born with tools in my hands :wink: working shipyard for many years doing all from building engines, to welding and fixing things.

Computer, yes, i have been building computers from scratch for several years in the past, aswell as building websites for peoole all around the world. Also doing lots and lots of webdesign tasks. Photoshop and ms word is like my pocket :wink:
So i know my way around computing very well i would say. :)

Peoole, i like meeting new people, and i love making people happy by helping!

Work history i would say is good, with reference.

I know Norwegian, swedish and english well.

And yeah i love to learn, trying to learn new rhings alllll the time! always trying to be on the top of "my game", be the best...
Aswell as teaching what i know to others!
Realy, i would be a good doctor or something, if it wasn't for all the blod and stuff :wink: haha

It's hard to make it a stable living in the dive industry, i know, but one day.....!!

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom