Bora Bora snorkling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roatanjan

Reaction score
I am crew onboard Radisson Voyager, we will be docking in Bora Bora January 16, would like to arrange a snorkle trip for myself and some other crew, aprox. 5 people.Anyone have some ideas/contact info?The trip would have to be between 1pm and 6 pm.Thanks. :dazzler1:

In 1999, they had a place called the Lagoonarium which was essentially an island with the lagoon fenced in.

It was interesting in that there were turtles, rays, a manta ray, numerous fish from quite large to small and about 25 sharks. There were numerous coral heads as well with lots of cool stuff. The sharks tended to stay away and they gathered toward one end. As you moved close to that end, the sharks started appearing in groups around you. Two there, one there, three here. All around as they pass you going toward the other end. They also had the shark/ ray feeding trip where they take you to a place near the outer reef, about 5 feet deep and you stay in line, holding a rope attached to nothing, while the Tahitian guide throws chunks of fish out and even hand feeds them. You can hear the bones rip when the shark bites. The sharks came to less than 1 foot away before turning off from us. It was amazing in that before you got in the water, you couldn't see anything except some shadows, but in the water, there are fish everywhere. Then you left for a spot with many rays. Big around, they were flying carpets all around you. That was really an amazing experience to see so many rays. Then they take you to a big coral garden for snorkling.

We went through the Pearl Beach resort to do these but I'm sure you could find these through any of the resorts.

roatanjan:
I am crew onboard Radisson Voyager, we will be docking in Bora Bora January 16, would like to arrange a snorkle trip for myself and some other crew, aprox. 5 people.Anyone have some ideas/contact info?The trip would have to be between 1pm and 6 pm.Thanks. :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom