Boot System Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

Can anybody provide a pro/con, best application list for the DUI Boot Systems? What criteria or primary diving type/application should be used to decide between RockBoots / TurboBoots / TurboTec Boots?

Thank you,

Brian

Hi Sevenrider 860 -

Great question. Do you use FB? If so this might be a great question to pose on DUI.Diver - that's our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DUI.Diver

Like many questions on our forum here this can be a difficult question to answer. What I like best for certain applications can be different from what you will like best. Keeping that in mind...

RockBoots are great for divers who have walking to do. Especially over rocky or rough surfaces. Believe it or not but some divers hike a mile from their vehicle to their dive spot. The over boot can easily be replaced when worn out and costs much less to replace than an attached dry boot.

TurboSoles are an attached dry boot. These are often prefered by technical divers for the type of finning they do.

The new TurboTec boots our more robust and a snugger fit. These are brand new on the market.

If you like I can post your question on our Facebook page...which might get you some 'diver' feedback.

Thank you for the response. I can put this on the FB page also.
Brian

I use both, well sort of :)

When I have walking to do, I like the DUI rock boots. I have also used Chuck Taylors as rock boots but prefer the DUI boots in particular because I like how the laces are routed around the back and held in place with velcro. When diving with my Chuck Taylors, I found I was always looking for a better way to secure the laces (I don't like them dangling loosely). One day it just occurred to me that I was only diving Chuck Taylors for looks since there wasn't any difference in performance over the DUI boots, and DUI had already solved my lace problem.

If I don't have much walking to do, I wear neoprene boots (2 sizes larger than normal) and they work great. I find that I have better ankle flexibility with this system, but they tend to be sort of floppy to walk in (especially on the way back when wet).

nimoh... Thanks for the reply. I never thought about the possibility of using regular neoprene boots in place of the Rock Boots. That is a great idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom