Booster question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The AGT 15/30 will draw down to a couple hundred psi.

Any idea how well a single stage unit will scavenge? Something like a Haskel AG-30 or the Hydraulic's International equivalent.

We've drawn down to 100-200 psi (hard to tell exactly because the gauge gets inaccurate that low) using an AG30.

I suppose I should add that we use a 175ish cfm jackhammer compressor and it takes a while but it is doable.

Remember that a four tank cascade will let you make just about as good use of a tank of O2 as a booster will, without any of the hassles (much as I like boosters they are sometimes a pain).

If you get into continuous mixing, then it's even easier, since you canthen use tanks down to 40 psi or so.

Hello All,
I have several Teledyne Sprague boost pumps - three series S-86-JN15 and one S-86-JN60. The 15 will boost from 375 to 3100 psi with up to 200psi drive pressure. The 60 will boost from 750 psi to 6000 psi with a maximum of 100 psi drive pressure. I also have lots of spare parts and rebuild kits all new in the box for each. These are all in excellent condition and not needed as I have 3 Haskel boost pumps. One unit is set up on a stand with a -15 coupled to the -60 and can compress 200 psi air to 6000 psi but requires at least 20cfm compressor to drive the system. The other two -15 are independent and could be operated as a single unit. They will require 10 t0 15 cfm to drive at 120 psi.
If anyone is interested please let me know. They are taking up space - I won't give them away but the price will be very reasonable. If you want pictures, email me and I'll go make some and post them on my web site.
Frogman62
sheldensportinggoods.com
Jim Shelden

Jimmer, Check my post as of 11:30 today about boost pumps I have four that I am not using and lots of spare parts. These will take inlet pressure of 100 psi and deliver up to 3100 psi using up to 200 psi drive boost pressure. I'll sell these for $750 each for the 3100psi model and $1000 for the 6000 psi model. If you want all four I'll give you all the rebuild parts N/C (close to $1000 in parts). Read the post and then let me know if you are interested.
Frogman62

JImmer, Did you find a AGT15/30 Haskel ?

I have one for sale that I used with O2 but it will need to be cleaned again. This one is in perfect condition and will be sold for $1500. I am clearing out excess equipment that is not needed. I'm slowing down after diving since 1954. Check my web site for other things: sheldensportinggoods.com
Frogman 62

Back
Top Bottom